Friday, February 3, 2012

Online Identity

My chosen identity on both sites, was not really something that I considered in terms of what it would imply, or how I wanted to be represented. There is not much listed about me on pbworks, because for me that is the more serious (or formal) of our interactions. As for my ning profile, I wanted to include pictures that I feel best represent the things I am or most care about. I wondered what people would learn about me in a face to face setting, and for me the pictures that reflect that are everyday things. My husband and I have wonderful, smart, amazing, diverse, artistic, and independent children. For me, the way my children are reflect who I am as a parent, which in its own way makes up my identity. I don't know that I've ever considered a label for myself, but if I were to pick one it wouldn't be straight, or gay, or student, or wife, or white, or female. It would be Mom. I feel incredibly blessed for my life and my family, and I look at everything as if it's an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment